Triangle Pride Band, through public performances, community engagement and services, endeavors to demonstrate Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) pride through musical expression, educate others about the LGBT experience and provide an opportunity for people of all orientations and identities to work together through music.
Founded in 2016, Triangle Pride Band (TPB) is an LGBTQ and ally community band program in Raleigh, NC, serving the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area of North Carolina. We welcome all interested adults (18+), regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, or ability, to join us in lifting up our community through music! The Triangle Pride Band is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit organization.
TPB has two components to its music program:
- Symphonic Band, which rehearses Monday nights from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm from August to May
- Marching/Pep Band, which has ad-hoc rehearsals on Thursday nights in preparation for each performance. The marching/pep band season lasts from February to September and includes 3 marching events and several non-marching performances.
TPB is a very active and vital volunteer-based organization with a current membership of 40+ musicians, although only a portion of those members participates in any individual event. Our diverse membership encompasses many orientations, gender identities and expressions, ages, and levels of prior musical experience. Through this diversity there are three ideals that all our band members share:
- A commitment to excellence in performing music for the public;
- A desire to experience enjoyable and educational rehearsals and performances that will continually improve their musicianship and build community; and
- A commitment to service and social justice, which is a statement this organization makes every time it steps out on a stage or street corner just by virtue of our name and identity.
If you believe that you would be a good fit for the organization, please review the Artistic Director Job Description, TPB Mission Statement, and qualifications. TPB welcomes applications from all interested individuals.
Thank you for your interest in the Artistic Director position.
Board of Directors
Triangle Pride Band